It is Kaplan Construction’s practice to provide equal employment opportunities by recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity/expression, disability, handicap, military obligations, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
As a WBE, we value and rely on the uniqueness of our employees, subcontractors, and suppliers. Increased diversity means better problem solving and decision making for our clients. We believe we are stronger for choosing to include everyone.
MBE, WBE, and SBE participation is encouraged and actively pursued on all our projects. Our partnership with diversity consultant Conrad & Associates helps us with minority contractor engagement, local community outreach, diverse workforce recruitment, and labor monitoring.
How do we try to achieve equitable business?
- Offer employment applications on site via drop box
- Engage additional local MBE/WBE subcontractors through outreach and communication with local professional trade groups and agencies
- Advertise with local newspapers and social media outlets to market upcoming bidding and employment opportunities
- Hold community meetings during projects
We regularly partner with nonprofits that are dedicated to strengthening communities, including:
- Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation
- Madison Park Community Development Corporation
- East Boston Community Development Corporation
- Nuestra Comunidad
While knowing there is more to be done, we are committed to working with our clients, staff, and subcontractors to achieve equitable business that reflects the diversity of the communities we build in.
- Kaplan’s record in doing business with minority contractors and in hiring minority construction workers is exemplar and likely unmatched…They actively seek out minority contractors, help build their capacity, work with first time firms, recruit workers, and solicit the input of community organizations. They do all these things voluntarily, with a remarkable level of professionalism and patience.Kerrick JohnsonDirectorRoxbury Builders Guild