Safeguarding the health and welfare of our employees, subcontractors, and site visitors is one of our highest priorities. Maintaining accident-free construction operations is not only our primary concern, but it is our utmost responsibility as contractors.
Our success is a result of our company’s strong safety-focused culture and a clear understanding by all that “safety first” is not just a saying. Every Kaplan project meeting starts with a safety discussion. Our superintendents conduct site inspections daily. All subcontractors must pass a stringent prequalification process. Safety permeates all our activities, and we participate in an annual 12-step audit of our practices.
All Kaplan project managers and superintendents are OSHA30 certified. All carpenters and laborers carry a minimum of OSHA10 certification. All field employees are First Aid and CPR certified.
Associated Builders & Contractors
STEP Award every year since 1998
Diamond Level Award recipient in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2021
Platinum Level Award recipient in 2016, 2017
Gold Level Award recipient in 2018, 2019, 2020
In a very dynamic and changing environment due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, we have made several changes to our safety and business practices to maintain our continued service to our clients. As of March 2020, we are enforcing the following protocol on all jobsites:
- Updates to all site-specific Health & Safety Plans
- Screening workforce prior to daily work
- Strict enforcement of disinfecting on jobsites (door handles, railings, and frequently touched surfaces, as well as full site sanitization on interior projects)
- Removal of all onsite water coolers
- Addition of onsite hand washing stations
- Frequent jobsite cleanings by professional services
- Frequent cleanings of all portable toilets by professional services
- Enforcement of 6’ of separation among project team on site
- Holding all meetings remotely
- Providing a COVID-19 officer where required
We thank all of our employees, subcontractors, vendors, and clients for your dedication during this time!